Although it can be very annoying plantar fasciitis has a treatment that, in most cases, ends all symptoms. Some tips that you should consider to improve your plantar fasciitis are:
- Limiting the use of all footwear that increases the discomfort and better choose shoes for sensitive feet, above all provide you a good support and anatomical form. In this way you will experience much less discomfort in the heel.
- Massage the heel area and the areas that will generate discomfort for at least 5 minutes, this will help you to reduce tensions by relaxing the area.
- Cold is a great ally when we talk about treating plantar fasciitis. Apply in the heel and sole of the foot an ice bag for at least 10 minutes 3 to 4 times a day; this will help you to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Simple anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen are essential to treat plantar fasciitis, it will help you reduce swelling and discomfort in the area. Only if your podiatrist suggests it you can consume stronger drugs.
- Special bandages also help relieving plantar fasciitis as well as discharge insoles, especially recommended for those suffering from this condition frequently. If this is the case, it is also desirable to acquire shoes for insoles in order to ensure comfort.
There are several treatments for plantar fasciitis in more severe cases, such as ultrasonic treatment, splints, among others. However you need to have medical supervision and follow all the instructions of your podiatrist to successfully overcome plantar fasciitis.